Phenomenon review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Sep 30, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Thousand Foot Krutch: Phenomenon

Thousand Foot Krutch is probibly one of the most well known Christian rock bands. They have a very unique and origional sound with their hard guitars but hip hop vocals. If you ask me they sound like Eminiem minus the drugs and cussing and some of the 'gangsta' type vocal. There is nothing special about the guitars on this CD and the melodies all start ot sound the same after a while. I have heard a song by TFK that I really liked but saddly it was not on Phenomenon. The album starts out with the title song 'Phenomenon' which in my opinion is the best song on the album. Through a few more songs comes the slowest song on the album 'This Is A Call' followed by the single 'Rawkfist'. the other song worth listening to in my opinion is 'New Design' I don't know why but I just like that song a lot.

The lyrics make me squirm. Some times they try way too hard to make the lyrics sound really mean and in your face but it doesn't work. Some of the lyrics are just out of the subject. They also try really hard to get things too rhyme with things that either don't make sense or area terrible comparison. The song with the highest quality lyrics is probibly 'This Is A Call' talking about different hardships people have and how God helps them. The singer isn't my favorite. I'm not fond of his talents and I don't envy any kind of singing talents he has.

TFK fans are going to hate the review I have just made but this is my opinion so in closing I have to admit that this is the least favorite album I own(next to the Fall Out Boy album but that's in a million pieces now. There is nothing abput this album that is special to me and I just plain out don't care a lot for it. The only thing I like about htis album is that TFK is a good Christian rock band but just about everything else sucks.

TFK_62
    I first heard this album at school, cause it was in a music thing in the cafeteria. TFK is great though. And The Art of Breaking is worth buying too. They lose most if not all of the rap, but that's just fine with me. I think the guitar got better too.