Phenomenon review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Sep 30, 2003
Thousand Foot Krutch: Phenomenon

So, over the past, I've had trouble finding christian rock groups. I listen to secular music as well, but sometimes my parents would have problems with the lyrics on secular CDs. When I discovered these guys, that all changed. I love their hard rock sound and their lyrics are clean so my parents don't mind me listening to them. Their not the type of rockers that you'd find screaming in songs, which I prefer. They don't have any killer solos, but they have great riffs and chord proggressions. These guys are in my top 3 christian rock groups for sure!

The lyrics in their songs are in no way explicit or crude. Unlike most hard rock secular artists, they don't sing about drugs, sex, or girls. They talk about "getting the party started" a lot (which is kind of lame), but it's 100% innocent. I can't say they talk about Religion in all of their songs, but in no way are they dissing it either. Overall, they have good, clean lyrics.

I love this album and another of theirs (set it off) and would buy them again if they were damaged and what not. My favorite songs on this album are, well, almost all of them! If I had to pick though, it would be "Bounce" and "Phenomenon". I wish they'd talk a little more about their Faith, but other than that they're a great group and this, I think, is their best CD. If you are a guitarist, like myself, their are a couple good little riffs you can learn from these guys as well.

the22fretfreak
    I heard this group from a friend, and I love their sound! I have all of their albums, although this one is my favorite!