Set It Off review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Mar 27, 2001
Thousand Foot Krutch: Set It Off

Now my bet would be that if you have the first set it off you're asking yourslef "why the heck would I want the same cd with a different package?" Well if you just listen to the tracks you will hear the difference from set it off. being remastered and redone it gives it a whole new feel. Through it you feel the energy that grabbed so many fans through the album phenomenon. the music is still intense and pulse pounding and most of the time you want to just jump up and bang your head to this music.

Just as before the lyrics are amazing. Thousand still get the meaning across about their love for their God and all the things he's done for us in tracks like "Small Town" and the cover of "Unbelievable." The track "Everyone Like Me" added a new element to the cd and made it even better. Trevor's voice is still great and is even better with the remastering. I wouldent change a thing.

Though it is not a second phenomenon, its much better than the original set it off because of the better sound and the new music. they added 5 tracks form their very first release onto this cd I didnt find it took anything away from it (sometimes old songs on a new cd make a "new" cd lose its sound). They also put in new pics of the band and added a new cover which I feel is off the freakin hook. I loved the new track "Everyone Like Me" and still a big fan of the classics like "Small Town", "All The Way Live" and "Set It Off". theres not much I hate about it cept I wish that they had put more than one newly written track instead of just one. If it were stolen I would hunt down the deadman who stole it and rip his face off then fire several metal slugs into his torso. But if I lost it I would bolt back to the store to get a new copy of this phenomenal album. I sed phenomenal not phenomenon though it is a good album as well.