The End Is Where We Begin review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Apr 17, 2012
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Thousand Foot Krutch: The End Is Where We Begin

Thousand Foot Krutch - A band name that sounds so strange, yet silly, develops an album titled "The End Is Where We Begin". "TEIWWB" is a solid effort from a band I honestly can truly never understand. Part of the reason is because over half the songs they have ever made are soft Christian songs, and then the other half is filled with silly Christian-type rapping that usually never make much sense, or is just lame. Don't get me wrong I like the way that they do some songs, but most get too old for me. Honestly, I can say I'm not quite a TFK fan by the way you see me talking here. Maybe I have to be Christian to truly understand. Its like the same way with me trying to listen to P.O.D. I just can't handle the fact of how silly the music sounds, especially when I hear rap attempts. Anyways, I like this album, not love.

Right off the bat, the song with the best lyrics on this album would have to be, "So Far Gone". Given this song a listen at first, I thought it was quite beautiful. Lyrics go as is, "I know they say that the space between Can make it stronger than we've ever seen. They might be right but I disagree. Cause I've never felt stronger than when you're with me. Sometimes I wonder why you even care. Cause even when I leave you're always there with me. And like a candle makes a brighter place. This mark you've made on me can't be erased. I wanna be so far gone in you. So far nothing else will ever do. I wanna be so far gone in you. In you..." This song is just so thoughtful, like I can imagine playing this to a special love (if I will ever have one). Given by how the lyrics are on that song, I then say to myself after listening to songs like, "i Get Wicked", what the hell was I thinking? Lyrics go like this, "I could be nice but don't test me. I can get wicked. I get wicked, wicked. I get wicked. There's no escaping it. Wicked. You want to kick it. Watch me get wicked. Step up and get it. Because I get wicked". Just what is TFK trying to say here? I understand that they like to make some fun songs at times, but its got to make sense to me if I really want to enjoy it. Overall, I guess you can call me out for not enjoying the lyrics well enough because I simply did not quite enough. It's not bad, and there is not one bad song, but some need to make more sense. I hope I don't sound too biased for any TFK fans reading this. I just never saw these guys too grand in lyric delivery.

Well, I get almost the same impression whenever I try to listen to P.O.D. They also remind me of Pillar. I think I get a little bit of a Skillet vibe at times, as well about the Christianity thing. After listening to "Light Up The Sky" oh so many times, I can say that that is by far my favorite on the album. I don't think its an amazing song, but there isn't really another song that I keep listening to. The song at times reminds me of Rage Against The Machine. The way Trevor raps at times, I just get that feeling that Zack De La Rocha took over the song, and quite honestly, it's sick. But I just hope its not me with the feeling that I get about me thinking that these guys can be silly with their music at times, or just plainly not make any sense whatsoever. I like this album, overall though. So good effort from the boys of TFK. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the future releases.

risetoday86
    fishinglearn
    And I kind of agree with risetoday86, you jumped straight to the fact that they are Christians. What does it really matter? The rapping is rapping, not "Christian-type rapping". What is "Christian-type" rapping anyway?
    goreveleation3.
    Hi fishinglearn, I totally agree. I know students who used to attend school with me that were fans of Thousand Foot Krutch, and they were not Christians. I actually think that if a Christian band has fans who generally listen to Mainstream music, it would help them be able to make a better income, since they would have a wider spread of popularity.
    zillaman
    I'm not here to chew you out, or bash your review, but it was not very good. Besides some of the info was wrong, way less than half of their songs are clean "Christian" sounding. If you want "Christian" try Chris Tomlin, and TFK will sound like heavy metal. And what about the super awesome songs like "We Are" "Let The Sparks Fly" "Courtesy Call"????? Those don't count as good songs???? By the way, you had said that maybe you have to be a Christian to understand them. You don't. They have very little "Christian" music/lyrics. Almost all of their stuff is either for fun, or about life. They rarely mention God, and they never really have a "You are holy God and I will praise You" song. That is part of the reason I like them, they mix two genres (Rock and Rap) and have fun doing it. Just my opinion
    vppark2
    totally understand your point. i will think about this for a band i know little about next time. and those songs r good. haha
    fishinglearn
    This is an extremely bi-polar review. I normally don't like Trevor's rapping but it fits their music and their sound, and the album flowed really well. And "So Far Gone" is about God, obviously. I liked the album, "silly" rapping and all.
    messirocks10
    A lot of TFK's lyrics are Christian if you interpret them the right way. Most of the time it is just how you look at them
    vppark2
    risetoday86 wrote: Dude your review is terrible. Right off the bat you're hating on the name of the band and then you're knocking them down because they are a christian band. These guys are amazing and you need to open up your mind to this kind of music without your non-christian bias or just don't review them at all.
    pretty sure i am not knocking them down for being christian, but whatever you say.
    vppark2
    i dnt understand guys. i put forth a review on here because it wasnt up, and this is CLEARLY my opinion and u guys are already bashing on it. take some time to create your own review on this if there is going to be any more complaining.