Life Starts Now review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Sep 22, 2009
Three Days Grace: Life Starts Now

Three Days Grace one of my favorite hard rock bands. Its been three years since the release of One-X, and fans have been eagerly waiting for this new album. In this one front man Adam Gontier says that 'Its a bit more personal than there other records and talks on more relatable subjects than One-X.' I liked One-X, and this album is a huge departure from the previous releases. They changed up there sound a little bit. For me being a bit TDG fan I have to be honest my first listen to the album I dint really like it, but as I listened more it grew on me a lot. But its just hard to hear how much the band has changed. Also you can see how they incorporate some of there influences like Chevelle and Tool. To most fans the album will take some listens to grow on you, however it is defiantly more mainstream then the other albums. They have also incorporated more guitar solos and musical aspects alone into this album. As I said the sound change will defiantly take some getting used to but if you take time to listen to the songs and understand them, then it will grow on you.

Adam defiantly goes so much farther with his voice on this album. He increased his range, and it is defiantly noticeable on the tracks 'Last to know' and 'Someone who Cares'. Overall Adam is one of the best singers in his field, and hes gone through more than most other singers have gone through in his time. As with the last record he matches his vocals with the guitar and it works perfectly. But some of the lyrics ion this album are a little below Three Days Grace standards. The use a lot more trivial ways of getting the message of the songs across and not a whole lot of metaphors or 'tricks' to alude to people. This is one of the classic TDG vocal records though.

So all together this is a departure from some of the past work that Three Days Grace has done before but it will grow on you. They did put three years into making this album or at least two with touring. The album shine on tracks like 'Break' 'Life Starts Now' 'Bully''No More' and 'The Good Life'. The record also shows a bit more of a mainstream side of the band which turn a lot of people away from them but it will get them better known through out the world which is what they should be. The thing that will draw more HC fans in would be the sound of the heavy songs on the album, but the melodic ones are very good too. What I say about this album is that its very good but it could be better than what it is and stick to the old sound, but sometimes I guess a band gets bored doing the same stuff and need a change in there sound. I do highly recommend this record for anyone looking at it though.