Live At The Palace 2008 [DVD] Review

Three Days Grace: Live At The Palace 2008 [DVD]
Released: Aug 19, 2008
Genre: Post-Grunge
Label: Zomba Label Group
Live at The Palace 2008 is the first DVD release from Post-Grunge band Three Days Grace. Three Days Grace has dedicated this DVD, in loving memory, to their manager and friend Stuart Sobol.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 10
 9.9
 9.8
 9.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Live At The Palace 2008 [DVD] Reviewed by: DarkLordArthur, on march 06, 2009

Sound: Well, first of all, I'll say I like Three Days Grace a lot, but in this review I'll try to be as objective as possible. I personally think Three Days Grace is awesome. Anyway, I've always known they aren't very good live. Adam Gontier seems to be a very good vocalist, but when it comes to singing live, he doesn't sound as good as you would expect from what you hear in the CDs; some say it is because he can't really sing, others say it is because he somkes and others say it is because he pulls his voice to the limit at the start and he's very tired at the end. I really don't know why but, whichever the reason may be, the truth is that he isn't very good live. The other musicians in the band (Barry Stock, Neil Sanderson and Brad Walst) are great live, so the only "problem" live would be the vocals. Anyway, in this DVD Adam proves that he can sing very well! Not only very well, but in some songs even better than in the studio. So for all of us who though he couldn't sing live, this is a shut-your-mouth concert. Adam reaches every note, and does every scream on every song, and it sounds awesome, he does an awesome job at this concert. So the whole DVD becomes a very pleasant experience to watch and to listen. I really enjoyed every song on this Live DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this was a very good performance and a very enjoyable DVD. I can watch it over and over without getting bored. I like Three Days Grace very much, and I felt very disappointed when I saw some videos at Youtube of them live, but with this DVD I feel very happy and relieved that they give awesome live performances now. It is a must-watch for every TDG fan. And even if you are not a fan I'm sure you'll enjoy it. // 10

Comments