One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

One-X (the follow-up to Three Days Grace's debut album) is truely one of the best albums I ever heard overall. There are no boring, long, pointless, spacing filling songs at all on this ablum. Every song, from track 1 through 12, are full with meaningful vocals, power riffing ("chording" I should say), heavy bass, and beating drums. I (and I'm sure many others) love this in an ablum. This truely shows hard work and time. Simular and unsimular to the self-titled album, I'm very inpressed with thier sound. Adam's vocal's has always given me chills and the guitar riffs has influenced me to learn their songs on guitar. The drums are nothing special however and the bass is just a little too "in the backround". The guitar riffs have always been some of the easily to learn since there mainly consumed of power chords. Though, they have greatly inproved this by adding a couple solos and some "high" pitched leads, all thanks to Barry (lead guitarist) I think, ever since he joined the band. I was first impressed with there single, "Animal I Have Become" and just couldn't wait for there new album to be released so I downloaded them off Limewire. If you only heard their single, then you haven't heard anything yet. One of the heaviest, different, and one of my favorite songs off the album is "Riot". This is probably one of the most "complex" (guitar wise) songs they written. The intro and verse riff is truely amazing and just made me have to learn it on guitar. I actually added up tabbing the whole song. Although the chorus can be a bit on the boring side, its breakdown and bridge really out weighs that.

Lyrics. Well I can say they improved since the debut, but there still nothing special. However, even with the most simple lyrics, almost anyone can relate to them. I always liked, fast, screaming, metal singing but with Adam - anything he sings is just like "wow". With his voice, the lyrics are just as complex as his emotions as he sings them. I love his singing on the song, "On My Own". You just want to sing along with him. After hearing the verse the first time, I was speechless. The singing just completely brings the lyrics to life.

TDG is probably the very band that has gotten me into rock music. I always wondered why they seemed so special to me. One-X reveals the answer. Even if you have absolutely no like for rock I wouldn't be surprised if you thought this ablum wasn't half-bad. Almost anyone could relate and "fit" into TDG's music. If this album was stolen from me, well I wouldn't be surprised. I would let the person keep it and let them enjoy the album as I did. Three Days Grace: One-X's radio - sounding, amazing vocals, screaming guitar riffs and effects, creativity and obvious hard work has made me think this band is more likely to write a new level in popularity then other mainstream rock bands. I see a bright future for Three Days Grace ahead.