One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

I must say, 3DG's sound has definatly improved since their self-titled debut. For one thing, the guitars have a much better distortion. The distortion on the last album sucked so it's nice to hear some quality sound. Some other new improvements are squeels, Barry Stock actually does some random squeels here and there, and they sound good. They've also added solo's to a couple of the songs which definitly add to their srtistic ability. With all of these new improvements I must say, 3DG has definitly kept their sound but made it more special. I also love how clear the recording is for "Never Too Late", the acoustic sounds amazing. This is definitly one of those albums were you can listen to it once and know every song, which is extremely hard to accomplish.

Adam Gontier what happened to you? The last album was full of raging furies and remorseful lows but this one takes a different turn, love. A good 70% chunk of the lyrics is love oriented. Although the change in style is a little strange, I love how his vocal styles have progressed. It was songs like "Take Me Under", "Drown", and "Let You Down" that made their debut special, because of how his voice could change from melodic to heavy without losing either. He definatly gives us more of that on this album. The only song I have a problem with is "Pain", the intro makes me want to laugh because it's soo freaking corny. All in all good stuff though.

I'd say this CD is much more grabbing than their previous. You can learn the lyrics the sevond time you listen to it which is great because every song is so catchy. The most impressive songs on the album are: "Animal I Have Become", "Never Too Late", "Time Of Dying", "Over And Over", "Gone Forever", and "On My Own". I love how his vocals have progressed to more melodic this tima around and how barry has added numerous improvements to their guitar. I don't know if I'd buy it again, well maybe I would, I dunno.