One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

Honestly, when I heard the first track, I thought "wow their sound has matured a lot." And this mindset stays pretty true throughout the entire record. You can't really compare any song off of this album to their debut record. The guitars have improved greatly, bass is audible and drums take about 5 steps up. Sound-wise, in my opinion, have improved greatly, compared to their debut.

The lyrics tend to be in the same sort of direction as their first record, but still manage to deliver the message well. You can relate pretty well to Barry's lyrics in songs such as Pain - "Pain, without love, pain I can't get enough/Pain, I like it rough 'cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all" I enjoyed the lyrics thouroughly better than their first record. One of the other things I noticed was that Barry's voice has changed a little on this record, but you can still tell it's him singing. I was impressed.

Trying to compare this album to the last is easy and difficult at the same time. On one hand the lyrics are sort of repetitive from their first record, yet instrumentally have progressed very well. If this album were stolen I would definitely go out and buy it again. My favorite song unconditionally is Riot. Hands down the best song on the album. I also liked It's All Over, Pain, Animal I Have Become, and One-X. All of the songs are great though. I highly recommend this album if you bought their first or if you heard their singles before.

sicfreak91
    if u got that much to say about the ablum, incubosity, then why don't u write a damn review??, lol
    incubosity
    As a pretty big 3DG fan, I'm a little let down by the album. Songs just seem to lack the creativity and punch that the first album had. I love Let It Die, but it's the "poppiest" song of the bunch. I saw them live in Huntsville and the show was really mediocre. CD is worth buying on sale. It seems like they just threw the album together. The lyrics (which were simply on the first album) seem even more simple this time around. He's got a helluva voice though!!
    fox69
    haven't bought the album yet, but i think i will. their debut was defnetly 1 o the best albums in 2003
    Bored_2_Death
    three days grace is a pretty good band but in my opinion, their first album was kinda repetitive. i've heard a few songs from this album and i think its a bit better and less repetitive.
    monkeyUS@aol
    Love the sound the sound has not changed in a bad way like other bands normally do. Will worth it Even thought they can work on there orangality