One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

This isn't a difinitively different sound for the band, but it's kind of refreshing to hear some new styles and things incorporated along with thier solid sound that we're used to. It's not as repetitive as the last album which although offering great songs offered no variation, this album does the same and shakes up every song for a different "thing" and that keeps out any previous monotonus sound and truly one song only stands out in this respect and that's track 11 Gone Forever, it's remnicent of I Hate Everything About You, but I love their whole sound so it dosn't affect it much.

His agressive voice draws attention but dosen't overwhelm anything and vice versa for the instruments, all the sound they bring really works together and flows well theres no argument in the songs for dominace. Even showing the agressiveness his voice is still very well carried and it has a naturally good sound. And the lyrics are kind of depressing and hateful but none are delivered in a death metal style, so any anger is shadowed well into a subliminal state almost.

I love this album and its been playing in my car for the entire time I've had it I've chanted along with the song Riot. I've mellowed along with Pain and I've rocked out to Animal I Have Become, there is a song for every rock person out there to like on this album, if you have even hinted at listening to or wanting to buy this album I'll tell you its worth it. And look for the next single it should be Pain. I got my money down on it. And if this album were stolen it would suck, but I got it on my computer, so I'd burn it onto a new CD.