One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

I bought this CD 2 days ago and there's some good and bad parts of it. All of the songs sound the same except for maybe "On My Own", but man, if you listen to this CD for a while, all the songs seem to blend together. I think they really need to incorporate some new variety on their next CD. ALthough, this isn't entirely bad, because a lot of people love to listen to this angry kind of music (Including me).

The lyrics are extremely personal. Adam and the rest of the band (as explained by the little video feature on the computer) really put their heads and hearts together in writing these lyrics. And overall, I think anyone can relate to these lyrics, young, old, male or female.

I really think this is better than their self titled album. The songs on the CD I really enjoy are "Get Out Alive" and "On My Own" because those are the most creative songs, in my opinion on the CD. I really love the soulful lyrics, but on the other hand, the fact that the songs all sound the same kind of cancels it out. This is a good CD to listen to one in a while, but it's not something I could listen to every day. I think if they got some more variety in their music, they could really go places. But for now, they stand at an overall 7.

hockeyboi86
    One-X is an awesome follow up to 3DG's self-titled debut. The lyrics are darker, and their sound has changed for the better, you can hear how well Adam has trained his voice from singing everything from whispers to screeching cries. Any fan of 3DG should go out and buy this cd 10/10!
    I-Z
    I was expecting more! their first album was better. i like some of the solos tough at least they had some of those in this album. But the some of the chorus of the songs are to simple for me you know just like one note held for a long time then switch to the next one i wished they put more guitar, bass, and drums in but the guitar, bass, drums are really good in "Animal I Have Become" but the rest of the songs weren't all that great for the instruments except for "Riot" but that dosn't make everysong. but i think they would be that much better if they added some more licks to their songs.