One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

The sound is like no other. The guitar is absolutely unique of everyone else. They have clean riffs, heavy rifs, and everything in between. And the effects used are unheard ofprevious to this album. The overall sound is great, and verything sounds amazing.

The lyrics are sometimes dark and depressing, sometimes happy, sometimes angry, but always powerful and full of emotion. The singer has amazing vocal control that all other singers pray to get with practice. and there's no question that the lyrics comply with the music. It's all in sync with itsef, and the musicians are in sync with each other.

The only artist that I can think of that compares to Three Days Grace would be Papa Roach, but only in the singing style and the limited number of guitars. They have similar lyrics and the same burning and firey that goes into their lyrics and vocals. My personal favorite songs are, Pain, Animal I Have Become, Riot, Let It Die, and Gone Forever. I love the fact that the bass plays loud and proud, but doesn't blast over the guitar. And there isn't anything I hate about it. If it got lost or stolen, I would definitely buy it again.

blakplague215
    timmay21 wrote: This band is f*****g terrible, I saw them play live, they have absolutely no stage pressence. All they did is play their radio hits & then get off stage. The guitar player had a "gimmick" that he kept doing throughout their set. He would lift is guitar with his fret hand up over his head & then put it down again. It got pretty lame when he kept doing about as often 3 Days Grace plays a chorus in a song. Didn't play 1 single guitar solo, didn't even play a couple of noodles in between songs or at the beginning of their set. As far as I'm concerned, they don't even need 2 guitar players. The singer plays guitar while he sings & then the drummer. The bass player doesn't do anything but follow the same chords as the guitar. How these guys got a record deal is beyond me. It's insulting that their are bands like this that have so little talent get a record deal. If they have any, they sure as hell don't showcase it AT ALL.
    If they suck so much, dont see them in concert you f***ing retard
    hassasin
    Three Days grace have some good guitar licks, but i find myself getting annoyed with that same yell of the singers that he does in most of his songs
    Xecks13
    To me...a few of the songs blend together... Maybe like half the CD kinda blends together for me but god i still love it...Its such a great sound and he has a good voice so even when it blends together...the only downfall is i cant name which songs are my favorite... I also saw them in concert with Breaking Benjamin and Nickelback...it was such a damn good concert =]
    Lonelyvampyre
    LMAO! I didnt believe it at first but Its All Over's intro ***IS*** the same as Mr Jack(off SoaD's Steal this Album; lol theyre both 49 too!). Thats just like Chevelle's Send the Pain Below and Deftones' Be Quiet and Drive. Amazing. Note to self: If I ever get a record deal be sure to record another bands material with slight variations. (I still love Chevelle. And 3DG but...) Im not so sure how much I like the new album. Animal is amazing. I didnt like Pain at first but now I do. Riot is alright. Time of Dying is pretty good. But this album did make me notice how repetitive they are. I honestly dont know how I was oblivious to it before. Basically all their hits start off with simple intros and the lyrics come in right after it plays once or twice. Mix it up guys. Seriously. Over and Over prefectly describes the album. Thats seriously what it shouldve been called. Because Adam gives us 12 songs with similar themes.