One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

I think THree Days Grace's sophomore effort One-X has some very well played instrumentals in it. The two Guitarists Barry Stock, and Adam GOntier really add to the effect of the album. Time of Dying and It's All Over are highlights of the guitar skills of Stock and Gontier. They use their Ibanez and Schecter gutiars for exactly what they're meant for, Hard Rock and Metal. The bassist, Brad Walst is very talented aswell, especially in the Intro to Animal I Have Become. The drummer Neil Sanderson is capable of very intense drumming, as displayed in the CD. I saw him live and he spun out an insane drum solo, it was very cool. Apart from the members of the band, the violin in Over and Over is a very good addition, unique to a hard rock song. Overall I think Three Days Grace is one of the most prominent members of the hard rock/post grunge/alt metal Scene.

The lyrics of One-X may be rather dark, however this is because they are very biographical of the feelings elad singer Adam Gontier felt while touring for their first CD. He felt very alone and depressed, as if he was alone. This is why the lyrics explore feelings of, well, depression and solitude in the world. The lyrics match the music very well. As the music is very intense and heavy, the heavyness of the lyrics match the music very effortlessly. As for Gontier's singlig style he has a very diverse voice. He can go from a whisper to a passionate scream in the course of one note. He is very talented.

Although Three Days Grace is a member of the most populated genre of the rock world, I feel they rise above their contemporaries. I eprsonally believe that every song on the album could function as a single, I really hear no fillers. My favorites on the album Include (in this order) Animal I Have Become, Time of Dying, It's All Over, Riot, Get Out Alive, Never Too Late, and One-X, I will, however, admit that I was attracted to the album from hearing Pain on a commercial for CBS's Criminal Minds. I love the hard rocking attitude of Three Day's Grace aswell as all of the emotion behind the hard-rocking riffs. Sometimes their songs do seem to blend together though but I love them all so it dosn't really matter. I have this album on my computer and I-pod so if it were stolen I would still have it. It is indefinatly, my favorite CD so I would try to get a new one if it were stolen.