One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

This album is a masterpiece. The music that has been made is indescribable and nobody can make the wonderful art that they created. The songs have unique riffs from different scales, and a combination of metal songs and lighter rock songs. Many songs combine acoustic and electric guitars. Songs are tuned differently in some songs to give the band different sounds for different songs. There are no filler songs and all of them are very well done.

Adam Gontier's vocals can give you the chills; the way he sings is unbelievable. The lyrics are extremely catchy and they will always have you humming in your head. The lyrics also reveal a lot about Adam's continued fight against his drug addiction and tell the listener exactly what it feels like to have such a serious problem, while incorporating his message into an amazing song. The entire album is meant to give anti-drug use message. While the lyrics sound angry or harsh, they are simply telling the listener not to do drugs due to all of the negative consequences. I believe that Adam's fight against drugs really inspired him to create many great songs, and he also has an impact on the listener. The only word that can appropriately describe Adam Gontier is brilliant.

This is a fantastic album, nearly flawless. Nobody can sing like Adam Gontier and nobody can create the fantastic music that Three Days Grace has wrote in this album. In my opinion, the best songs on the album are It's All Over, Pain, Animal I Have Become, Never Too Late, Riot, Get Out Alive, Time Of Dying, and One-X, however, all of the songs were very well done. The amazing vocals combined with Barry Stock/Adam Gontier's guitar riffs make this album nearly impossible to beat and see no flaws in the music. If this album was stolen/lost, I would not hesitate to buy another copy. I enjoy the album One-X very much!

gigson111
    hey timmey man, ummm they are good i have no idea y u say they suck and i was wondering wen ur record was coming out? never? ok
    guitar_hero543
    timmay21 wrote: This band is f*****g terrible, I saw them play live, they have absolutely no stage pressence. All they did is play their radio hits & then get off stage. The guitar player had a "gimmick" that he kept doing throughout their set. He would lift is guitar with his fret hand up over his head & then put it down again. It got pretty lame when he kept doing about as often 3 Days Grace plays a chorus in a song. Didn't play 1 single guitar solo, didn't even play a couple of noodles in between songs or at the beginning of their set. As far as I'm concerned, they don't even need 2 guitar players. The singer plays guitar while he sings & then the drummer. The bass player doesn't do anything but follow the same chords as the guitar. How these guys got a record deal is beyond me. It's insulting that their are bands like this that have so little talent get a record deal. If they have any, they sure as hell don't showcase it AT ALL.
    well dont you know how to keep your cool, im guessing you dont even know how to write a song, no, seriously, i thought there first album was better but riot, animal i have become, and never too late are probably the best one's on this album i would say, they're the most different sounding songs at least, but its all a matter of opinion