One-X review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Three Days Grace: One-X

One X, the most recenty released album, by the now well know band Three Days Grace. The genere of this album, is much the same as there last one, continueing to forward there path as an alternative metal band. The history to the One X album is an intresting story, as each song has a hidden meaning inside it, though the album is mostly based on the lead singers (Adam Gontier) old drug habbits. The two years previous to the release of this album had been a tough one for Adam, he found himself taking many drugs, and found himself in many places he didn't expect to find himself in, when he returned home, his wife had confronted him with his drug problem, although it took him for a while to admit it, you find a lot of the admitting to it in the song "Animal I Have Become" and the album basically tells the story of Adam, as he come to his relisation of his drug problem.

The lyrics to this album are some of my favrioute lyrics in music hitory, when I first got this album, me and my girlfriend had actually fell out, and I found the lyrics genuis, because the first song I found myself relating to was Over and Over, in paticular the lines, "So many thought that I can't get out of my head, I try to live without you but I feel dead." But that wasn't all, when I returned back to my girlfriend, I discovered the meaning on the song "Its Never Too Late" Where it lets you know, no matter what, it will never be too late to change thing. Although these songs, are directed towards the way they felt, I can garantee you, no one can make it through this album, without recolating some demons of there history, I think that this to me is what made the album very successful. Singer skills? I have to say to personal opinion I love them, and I thought it helped make this album, but he unfortunitly sings in a unique style, which I know, has put off several of my friends listening to them, it's the only huge downfall to this album, but don't push it away before listening to it, cause you might like his singing style, because I personally love it.

Does the One X album compare to others out there. No, none that I have heard, Three Days Grace are not my favrioute band, but this is my all time favrioute album. The most impressive songs on the album are "Never Too Late", "Let it Die" and "Gone Forever", they all show a unique, yet somewhat similar playing style, and are songs that everyone in the world can relate to. The thing I love most about this album is the fact that all the songs are so meaningful, and powerful, and the way people can relate to these songs at times are just incredible, however, the thing I dislike about this album, is it's replay value, you will listen to it solid for months, then leave it on the shelf to collect dusts for months, it's not an album you want to play all the time, it's unfortunate, you tend to only want to listen to the album, when something in your life isnt going quiet as planned, and that's personal experiance there. If my album was lost or stolen, I might cry, I get emotional when albums go missing, espessially the best one I own, however, I have it on my PC, so I would burn a copy to keep me going:P But yeah I would need to have the original back on my shelf, I would be annoying Mum, for some money, and searching on the net to get another copy of this CD in flash, it this is a big recomendation I would say, to music lovers of all sorts. And this is my first music review I hoped yous enjoyed reading, I will release some more later on and hopefully get better at them, in the mean time, if you don't own ths album, I suggest getting it.

Mr.guitarslayer
    YALL FREAKIN ROCK.MT FAVORITE SONGS YALL HAVE MADE IS ONE X , NEVER TOO LATE , I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU
    J-rich777
    Screw this band, go listen to some real metal such as Darkest Hour or Parkway Drive not this alternative bullsh*t
    general maxx
    I AGREE WITH J-RICH777. BUT YOU FORGOT SLIPKNOT.... THIS BAND SUCKS BALLZZ. I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. !!!!!THIS BAND IS GAY!!!!!
    Untamed_Horizon
    AllenRothenberg wrote: genresrforposer wrote: joshblues21 wrote: Their songs are way too bland for me. 3DG leans too much on the emo side of things. emo?! wtf are you talking about, they're nu-metal all the way(sometimes they sound similiar but they're definitely not considered an "emo" band) anyway, i love animal i have become, a couple good songs later i might pick it up the different categories are annoying. dont pick at the word emo. They are overly dramatic and the lyrics are cheesey and repeptitive. call it whatever u want, emo or nu metal all the way man.. it takes little skill to write the songs bands like three days grace and nickelback right. seems like all you need is a deep raspy voice, slow verse, heavy chorus and some lyrics about tortured teenage soul stereotypes to make the charts.
    Amen! I seriously can't believe I like them once. Bleh! XP PTH and C&C are the real shit, and if you want good alternative/indie bands listen to Portugal the Man, The Dear Hunter, or Dance Gavin Dance.