Three Days Grace review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Three Days Grace: Three Days Grace

Three Days Grace came out with this album in mid 2003. I didn't pay a lot of attention to what videos were on TV but I kept hearing this great song on the radio, but I couldn't catch the name of it. funally I found out it was "(I Hate) Everything About You" by three days grace. I instantly bought the CD and I was surprised at how good the rest of the CD was. The band's sound is great and they use such simple guitar riffs that its easy to learn their songs. Barry and Adam do a great job of the guitars, Niel's drums are fairly good, but I was a little disappointed with brad's bass. It just seemed like there wasn't a lot of effort put into it but the rest of the band definetly picks up the slack. Notable songs are "(I Hate) Everything About You," "Just Like You," "Home," "Let You Down," "Drown," "Wake Up" and "Take Me Under."

Adam's lyrics are a little dark at times but they are very skillfully written. He can sing about anything from breaking up with a girl ("(I Hate) Everything About You"), to being home alone an getting stoned ("Home"), or just wanting to be different and unique ("Just Like You"). His voice goes well with the rest of the band, even though he doesn't seem to have much experience. Talent-wise I'd have to say he isn't greatly talented, but he knows what will sound good with his voice so he doesn't get into trouble with it.

I really like the fact that they are a good band from Canada. We canadians can rock to! This was their first album so I don't have much to compare it to, but I know they will be making albums fer a while. Their new albums due in the next 6 months so if you like this band you will definetly be pumped to know theres more where that all came from. If I lost this CD I might buy it again but I already have all the songs on my computer so I'd probably just burn it agian.