Transit Of Venus review by Three Days Grace

• Released: Oct 2, 2012
Three Days Grace: Transit Of Venus

Three Days Grace's "Transit Of Venus" does leave something to be desired for, but all the flak about "electronic" influence should be toned down. It's not like Linkin Park's use of electronic on "Living Things" where nearly all the guitar is synced with the synth and nearly impossible to hear... The guitar(s) are still very prominent. The album is not their best work, but the band said this was an "experimental album". "Misery Loves My Company" is my least favorite track. The guitar throughout the chorus is composed of chords, then switches styles blatantly without any kind of transition to single-note vibratos. Their next album will likely return to the sound of "Life Starts Now" or if we're lucky their original angsty post-grunge sound.

Adam Gontier's vocals are definitely quite impressive on this album. He does Michael Jackson's "Give In To Me" great justice, and the lyrics are pretty good on most tracks, although I've never been fond of songs which reference drinking like "Happiness", it seems to take away from the lyrics' full potential. The comparison to chalk in "Chalk Outline" was brilliant, taking "the high road", being "broken glass", the lyrics are all superbly written and sung. "Unbreakable Heart" does not amount to "One-X" and does not come close, but it's still a great outro on the part of the lyrics.

This album is definitely the worst they've done, but then again we're all just hoping for another "One-X". "Chalk Outline", "The High Road", and "Give Me A Reason" are my personal favorites, and the pretty much acoustic "Time That Remains" for being their first acoustic album track is quite impressive. I love how on many tracks Brad's bass is identifiable relatively easily and Adam's singing is at its best from "Sign Of The Times" all the way to "Unbreakable Heart". I hate how Adam is playing guitar much less on this album, and as stated before, I despise "Misery Loves My Company". "Riot" had amazing guitar, and I'd like to see the next album have some guitar similar to it. If this album was stolen, I would buy it again, but definitely not in any rush. It's not that great.

thecause
    If you have a problem with how someone rates an album they review, review and rate the damn thing yourself. It's a great album, if you don't agree, that's your opinion.
    gaffers1996
    I love this album, and I think that while it is a different sound, they have still managed to produce a really good album. However, I can easily understand why people might not think it is that great an album, because it is a risky change and the style they went for on this album is very controversial, but I agree that I enjoyed it the more I listened to it, rather than the first listen.
    hom789
    I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, Red97dotcom