If We Could Only See Us Now review by Thrice

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
Thrice: If We Could Only See Us Now

Thrice's last release, "If We Could Only See Us Now," came with a DVD and a CD. This is a review on the CD. This CD contains many B-Sides, unreleased tracks, acoustic versions, as well as a Beatles cover. It is a great representation of Thrice's diversity of sound, and is a great album.

Dustin Kensrue is one of the best lyricists in modern music. Just read some of his songs and you'll see. They are deep, meaningful, and he sings them with such power and passion, it is hard not to fall into a trance when listening to him and his lyrics. They fit very well with Thrice's sound, and surprisingly, with their acoustic versions of originally metalcore songs.

It's a very, very good album, and it complements the DVD perfectly. All the songs are very impressive, but I would have to say that their Beatles cover, "Eleanor Rigby," and "(That) Hideous Strength" would be the showstoppers of the album. If lost, I would for sure buy it again.

Grebble
    this CD has some great songs on it Stare At The Sun (Acoustic), Send Me An Angel, and Motion Isn't Meaning are some very good songs