If We Could Only See Us Now [DVD] review by Thrice

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Thrice: If We Could Only See Us Now [DVD]

Thrice is one of those bands that will always stick out, regardless of what you think of them. Amazing, well written, (and sometimes confusing) lyrics combined with intense, pulse pounding music make for an incredibly ass kicking band. On DVD, If We Could Only See Us Now, the members of Thrice, and their friends, tell the story of how the band came to be, from the beginning to now, with lots of footage from old sk00l shows and clips from the road to help the story along. There's also a lot of footage from the studio, and what they did when they were done laying down their parts for a song.

Content — 10
The DVD features a lot of rare, live footage by the band, like performances of about ten of their songs, as well as music videos. As for hidden stuff, I haven't found anything yet, but you never know.

Production Quality — 10
The people that produced the DVD I think are the same people who design their website. If you've been to the Thrice website, you know the abstract type symbols that pop up every now and then. That's all in the DVD.

Being the first DVD from a band I've ever bought, I can't compare it to really anything else. I think the most impressive thing about this DVD is that it has clips from their very first show(s). I really like the stuff from the road, since they didn't get a bus until they signed to Island. The things that went on in the van were pretty funny. If it was lost or stolen or whatever, I'd definately buy it again. It came with a CD too, with previously unreleased songs and a lot of B-Sides. If you're a Thrice fan, I highly suggest this DVD.