The Illusion Of Safety review by Thrice

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Thrice: The Illusion Of Safety

Sound, hmm, not much to say about the sound on this record, except that I find it better than the sound on the other records. I found this album was a lot better recording-wise, even though Artist in the Ambulance was done by Island Records, this record just sounded clearer. Other than that, this album basically had everything the other thrice albums have. A few light songs, some fast songs, and some really very heavy songs.

All I can say is wow, this album had some really well written lyrics. I think this album had the best lyrics out of all the albums. Dustin Kensrue the writer and singer of Thrice is definitely a talented singer/writer. He sings honestly and doesn't wine about getting dumped or getting drunked, which is a plus for me.

My favorite album in the Thrice trilogy. I definitely would recommend buying this album. I find that the only album I like more than this would be the Brand New album Deja Entendu, which is a band with another talented lyricist. I only wish Thrice played more heavy songs on this album, like tracks 1,2,4,9,and 12. If somebody stole my album, or I lost it, I would personally hunt the person down and subject him to a week in Michael Jackson's mansion as torture.