The Illusion Of Safety review by Thrice

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Thrice: The Illusion Of Safety

Great sound. Smashing distorted guitars. Drowning vocals. Killer bass. Fast and heart pounding drums. This is a good sound compared to the other thrice albums. But there could be more screaming or yelling to get the intesity and heaviness up to match the guitar. Good sound for ya Thrice keep it up.

I liked the lyrics a whole lot but I found that I couldnt give it a 5 because they all arent perfect even though these lyrics are a lot better than bands out there today. And I dont know why a lot of people tend to group and associate thrice with emo bands like Thursday and Brand New and Taking Back Sunday or Hawthorne bites or whatever. I just dont think that thrice is really emo. I know this dosen't have much to do with lyrics but I just wanted to bring this up because another situation occured like this where people started calling Killswitch Engage emo metal. I just don't think that it fits really. But my point is don't listen to people when they say bands like Thrice (or Thrice) are just another crappy emo band.

I got this album a day ago. I was I a rush and I was actually going to buy this other album but then I saw thrice in the corner and I gave it a thought for a second. I put the album that I had in my hand down and picked up the thrice album. And I'm truly glad I did. This album rocks. Compared to the other thrice albums this is just as heay I think maybe heavier guitar. But I think it has more screaming on The Artist In The Ambulance. I loved the guitar in some songs they kind of have mini solos and fast techno like guitar kinda. My favorite songs so far are 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, and 12. And theres like 13 songs on the whole cd. Truly good album. I also really like the intro on track 12. It kinda reminded me of the deftones for some reason. If it were stolen or I lost it yeah id buy it again. The only complaint I have which is kinda silly is the color variation and cordination on the CD. The colors on the front cover are blue and black. The color on the back cover is lime green, and the CD itself is yellow. Kinda weird to me but its really no big deal. I guess I would be the type of person to point it out. Anyway enjoy the album when you pick it up.