The Illusion Of Safety review by Thrice

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Thrice: The Illusion Of Safety

Thrice really took on a metal edge here in The Illusion Of Safety. And they are very, very good at it. They've made the perfect blend of metal, post-hardcore, and punk, so the product is something completely new and inspirational.

Dustin Kensrue, as I've said before in other reviews, is one of the best writers I've ever heard of. He has deep messages in his songs, and he writes them so well, that the lyrics are a form of art unto themselves. They fit very well to the music, with his perfectly timed screams, and his obvious singing skill.

This album is one of my favorites ever. There is not one bad song on the CD, and in fact, all the songs are equally impressive and beautiful. On this album, Thrice has clearly demonstrated their skill, and their amazing songwriting skills. If lost, I would instantly buy another copy. Very good album. Perfect 10/10 on everything.

devinbryndel
    lukeshredpard wrote: PhantomWuss95 wrote: how the hell is this "punk-pop" like it says way up there?^ WHAT HE SAID
    Why the hell does it say punk-revival? haha this post-hardcore at it's finest.
    SL!!!
    this cd is good.but overall not as good as artist or vhiessu, they get better with each album. althought this has some pretty awesome guitar work, teppei accomplishes the same on the other records with less technicality because of his sweet music knowledge! haha. silly people rated this record best based on guitar and for lyrics just said they were good. noice. but not as good as the others.
    lukeshredpard