Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

First of all I am appalled at what some people have said about this CD. Thrice deserves better than what people have said. You just cannot listen to this album and say it's not brilliant. I know it's Thrice, not Coldplay, not Tool, not whoever the songs may remind you of. So you would be expecting the usual heavy chugging riffs, and fast pased beats, and those teppei licks we all know and love, but this time it's different. You still get a bit of it but not in big doses. This time they took a more progressive, experimental style. And they created their softest material to date. But they also in afew songs maintain the same heaviness they've always had. Maybe not heavier but just as heavy. The thing that will bug people with this record is that it's so different from other works by Thrice. And ultimately it will just be hard to accept it. But it's a brilliant CD. It really is. The sound is fresh and they still have kept major elements that made them good in the first place.

Some of the best Thrice lyrics to date. Period. But their alaways good. And Dustins singing is still great. Not as much screams though. But the incredible clean singing covers it. His voice is soothing and good to hear. Its also not as poppy as it used to be.

Incredible album. This Thrice CD deserves the title of epic. There is still great riffs and beats and singing. It's all there but like I said, not as heavy of a dose. My favorites are IotI, The Earth Will Shake, Atlantic, For Miles, Dust Of Nations, Music Box, and Red Sky. But that will probably change soon. Really there all great. And it's good to see them take a risk by taking a different path. Original, epic, beautiful, would be a few words to describe this. If I lost it I would go out and buy it again. I reccommend it to others, but just keep in mind that it wont be the usual Thrice your used to. And that's okay with me. In fact it's great with me.