Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Thrice: Vheissu

My impression of the band has always been positive. Their music (although the genre they fall under is a little ridiculous) has always been a heavy guitar sound and great singing/screaming. This record has minimal amounts of that. To me this entire album sounds like a "made for radio" record. Style is slow, and the singing reminds me of Thursday (whiny and full of tears, emo).

Lyrics as usual are very good. Dustin is a good singer however on this album I get sick of his voice. I'll give it 6 because I know his previous recordings, but really this album deserves a 3.

Like I said its not like any of their other albums, period. What I hate about this album is the fact that bands mimic something Nirvana did when they released In Utero. I'm saying Nirvana put out an album not like their last, different sounding and distant (to get away from the mainstream). Thrice has done this but in the opposite way; they want to sellout. What's worse is fans stick by this album and done see through it. Teppei said that Thrice is sick of the "scene," well we're sick of them too.