Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

I have always been a fan of Thrice, and with the release of Vheissu, I was absolutely blown away with just how inventive and creative it is. It isn't often that a band is able to keep progressing in such a rate that this one does, refining their tone, utilizing new instruments, and writing fresh, intreaguing lyrics. This CD is a modern day masterpiece. And as for those retards who say this album sucks, all I can say is they must not have ears, because this is one of the best albums I've ever heard (and I don't say that very often).

Dustin is one of the best singers in the music scene today. He knows how to stay on pitch, how to sing into the mic properly during a live performance, and how to write catchy, melodic, and powerful lyrics. There is such melody to his voice, even during the screaming, which still contains its own melody. Everything about Thrice blows all the other bands in their genre out of the water.

I can't choose just one song as my favorite, because, honestly, every song is amazing--one after the other. The addition of the Fender Rhodes keyboard Teppei uses adds a new improvement in the band. Everything else in the band, from the new VOX AC30 and 8x10 cabinet Teppei uses live to the experimental recording of the album makes this CD a must-own for any musician or Thrice fan, as well as a modern masterpiece.