Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

Thrice have pulled through again by tightening their sound even more than they have. They used several different instruments for the album to help build a diverse and unique mold of music. They continue to progress with clarity, even if it be gritty and intentionally lo-fi at times. It may not be your deep and stretching guitars that you've seen in the past, but respect should be given to a band that can be as diverse musically as Thrice has been.

When looking into the music that Dustin writes, one must be careful. It is like reading a book, you must use careful reading to gather all the facts and references that are being used to convey the overall meaning. After some research of the band, I understand how much they enjoy reading and obscure material, whatever it may be. Dustin doesn't write any songs in light of radio play, because his song-writing skills can take care of that without any of his effort. His vocals have expanded, even with his screams, and his emotion in the songs he writes seems to resemble the ocean engulfing him as he sings.

I don't like to compare any artists to any other artists, or albums for that matter, because it leaves out any hint of bias reviewing. Thrice have continuously developed a sense of their own creativity and I don't think that will change. They put their heart and soul into their music with no holding back. They are catchy, and it seems like they don't even have to try to do it well. I strongly recommend this album.