Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

I am a huge Thrice fan. Have been since day one. Surprisingly I wasn't that impressed with this album upon first listen. Then something happened. All of the sudden I was absolutely in love with this album and could not stop listening to it or get it out of my head. That's what's great about this album. It's not an obvious "hit" album. You have to really take it in and let it get under your skin. When you do, it will grow on you like a fungus. The only think I didn't like was the guitar tone. It sounded muddy to me. Oh well, the songwriting is so strong I can overlook that.

What can I say? Dustin is by far the most intelligent and creative lyricist in popular music. There's nothing I could possibly say about his lyrics that would do them justice.

I'm not going to say it's their best album to date just because that would be like asking which one of your children is your favorite. They're all different and great in their own way. My favorite songs are Red Sky, Stand And Feel Your Worth, For Miles, and Music Box. I actually downloaded this album a month before it's release (illegally, sorry Thrice) and still went and bought the album. That says something, I never do that, lol. If you're new to Thrice or a long time fan like me I think there is something in this album for everyone. This is one of the few albums that truly transcend genre.