Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

When I first heard "Image Of The Invisible" I was a bit skeptical because it still sounded like old Thrice but without the complexity and edge. After a friend told me the album was incredible I decided to give it a listen. The album sounds amazing, nothing like anything they have ever written before. It is much more serious and polar, showing more depth and meticulous care in the composition of each song.

As always, Dustin has written great lyrics. Unlike many singers in his former genre, Dustin has succeeded in putting actual meaning into his lyrics and not just falling victim to writing generic emo lyrics running rabid throughout rock music today.

Thrice has made a brilliant move in deciding to move on. With countless "underground" bands stealing their style it would have been impossible to remain so original. We've seen it happen before with bands such as Korn, Metallica, The Ramones, and it has happened with Thrice. Here in Dallas there are dozens of wannabe Thrice bands that have all the same hooks but none of the quality. They have taken something great and ruined it by duplicating it to oblivion. I don't blame Thrice one bit for wanting to move on, and they did a wonderful job of it. They were able to take some of their signature hooks and techniques and apply them subtley to a completely different genre of music. They have created a masterpiece of which will be incredibly hard to top by others.