Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

The sound is amazing. The band is going places they've never gone before. The bands evolution is incredible. They sound like no other band alive and yet they still sound like themselves. The lead singer has an incredible singing and screaming voice. They still have great guitar riffs, there just spread out with amazing piano and Rhodes, they even have a music box that they bought in japan as the main tune for one song. Simply amazing effects. The bass player uses some kind of pedal and plays with the volume on his guitars volume to make it sound like whales in "Of Dust And Nations" the sound is incredible.

The lyrics are deep and meaningful. There is not singing about there girlfriend or getting drunk one weekend. All the songs have a meaning and were inspired by sumthing, may it be a book or a poem, or old prison chain gang songs (the earth will shake). This album is epic and will be listened to forever. All the songs will grow on you if you listen to them more than once. Dustin Kenshrue and sing or scream at the top of his lungs and he always sounds amazing! You can tell they took their time on this album. The lyrics gel with the music amazingly well and the songs wouldnt sound right if any other words were sung to them.

Their best album to date by far. The band has evolved incredibly since the last album. there old songs were amazing their new album is just incredible! If you don't have this album pick it up. I would buy it again if it were stolen. the songs are epic and are all amazing. I will be listening to "Hold Fast Hope," "The Earth Will Shake," "Image Of The Invisible," "Music Box" and "Between The Earth And Where We Lie" for years to come. I'm sure I'll be listening to the whole CD for years I don't think I'll ever put it down or let it leve my CD player.