Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

First off, I love Thrice. They have such a unique sound to them. The songs were so well blended and well put together. With Vheissu, they surly did go in a new direction. It sounds pretty good, pretty mellow. The biggest problem is that it is not what older Thrice sounds like, and Thrice fans are afraid of loosing the sound that they love. I hope they evolve from this album and start mixing it up and blending in old styles with new. I think this album was just a test and just a phase. The CD's sound is really mellow. It is very relaxing, but not that powerful. Listen to old Thrice, much more power and emotion, but this new CD has its own qualities. The mass ammounts of instruments they used is very good sounding.

Thrice has always has great lyrics, and its the same with this album. They are all in depth and meaningful. The lyrics blend with the music, as does his voice. The only problem I have regarding singing on this album is it doesn't give out power like old Thrice did. The singing put you into the song, it took you away from this world and into a new one. It was what made Thrice ultimately amazing to me, at least. This album the passion is, in some ways, gone from the singing. The singing also sounds drowned out in the music.

I don't think this CD should really be compared to other albums by other artists, and especially other Thrice albums. The change in it all angers people, me at least. When writing this review, I have been looking at the CD as a whole and not comparing it to old Thrice. Obviously, the reasons I would hate this album, are because it is not even close to old Thrice sounding and thats sad, and because of the vocals seeming too much like their are in the background. Some of the better songs on the album are: Image Of The Invisible, Music Box, For Miles, and Of Dust And Nations. If this CD were stolen or lost I would probably just wait for it to get real cheap to buy it again, maybe.