Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

This was actually my first Thrice album bought although I heard their previous sound. It's such a large and epic growth for them and I was proud to be a part of it. The softer music releaesed on this cd is so beautiful and such a work of art that it needs definate recognition. The only bad part is it may uninterest old fans that only appreciated the sound for what it was and not what it could grow to be. I still say it was an amazing sound and feel to it and that's why I gave it a 10.

Another perfect 10 for the lads in Thrice. As with all of his songs Dustin has managed to take a piece of raw music and sculpt it into his own magnificent work of art. The lyrics he came up with for Vheissu are intense, amazing, epic, and so much more all put together perfectly with Teppei's guitar riffs and overall rhythym to the songs. Dustin is a definate landmark in our generation for poetry.

Chalk up another 10. It is one of the greatest albums that have hit stores in the last few years. I'm proud to own it. Overall, it has a unique combination between songs and yet manages to maintain the same epic sound, inspirational lyrics, and amazing singing in each one. Although I hate to pick favourites, 3 of the most impressive songs would have to be Image Of The Invisible, which is packed with raw passion throughout the entire song, Of Dust And Nations, which is both a beautiful ballad as well as an inspirational call to express Dustin's individuality, and Red Sky, which is one of the most mysterious and beautiful songs ever created; so many different meanings can be attached to the perfect individual words picked for each guitar strum.

SL!!!
    wow. people are retarded. "it sucks cus it isn't huge guitar the whole time! i want to listen to the same record over and over!" i hope they realize that all of the progressive stuff they are doing now is evident in their older cds, thats why they stand out. this cd is amazing. if you dont like it cus its different you're stupid. its still sounds like thrice. its has a different feel but all their albums do. haha, and one dude totally called Dustin "devin". i also hate people who thought the vocals weren't powerful. i'm sorry, but they didnt listen to the same cd i did. also, wtf is with the "tries to be abstract"? they aren't. they're universal. they're incredibly well crafted and have strong meaning behind them. they're written well for any poetry standards, have universal appeal, and very strong ideas and meanings behind them.
    cegcc
    Please, does someone know the name of the book that Dustin read and inspired this cd?
    jasonkan
    hm. artist in the ambulance was such a gd album... this is quite boring in my opinion... i just cant be bothered to listen to this. i mean its not bad but it just lacks the hooks.