Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

Vheissu was/is a a little different from the normal hardcore punk type songs Thrice normally writes. In my opinion they put the most feeling in the music then they ever had before, making a totally revolutionized sound that I've never heard. It's good though some people don't like it because it's different, I find it a terrific album. But, I have found that some people just like there older punk sound, same thing with me at first I thought the sound change was bad but the sound has kinda got to me and now I love it, but that's just my opinion.

As always Thrice's frontman and song writer Dustin Kensrue doesn't stop blowing me away with the huge passion in his lyrics and also vocally, the way he sings everything just fits with the song perfectly! He add some christian dialect which for some reason got people to think they were changing into a christain band and Kensrue responed to that by saying "If an artist painted an apple and another artist who just happened to be catholic painted the same apple would that make it a christain apple?"

I have never heard any sound like this as they add in eletric drums as well has the acoustic and also have more keyboard and and synth and also occasionally a rhoads piano and moog synth, making there sound extreamly distinctive. Some songs that impress me are "Atlantic", "Music Box", and "Stand And Feel Your Worth" but all of the songs are also very impressive.I love everything about this album and if it were lost or stolen I would most definitly get it again.

ginger_ninja1
    l3xbi : "you will sort of like it at first but give it a month and it will be the best album you have ever heard." i agree soooo much. when i bought this, i was a relatively new thrice fan and i was expecting a heavy, thrashy kind of album. what i got was soft and crap (at the time), but as i listened to it more i heard what was really there. it was spring/summer at the time of the release in oz and for me, every summer will have vheissu as its soundtrack in my mind. a definite must have!
    wot_fan
    This cd is probably my favorite cd now, and probably will be for years. The lyrics on this disc, especially "Music Box" and "Like Moths to Flame". Almost every song, whether taken through a Christian or non-Christian message, displays a powerfully deep meaning. I'm a huge fan of previous cd's like "artist and the ambulance" but this cd shows so much maturity that it astounds me. It bothers me when people expect them to make the same cd over and over, that's the complete opposite of what they should be doing. And so what if they're not making music the people want to hear? If they're true musicians, they're making the music for themselves and to make music, not for the money, so sshhh.