Vheissu review by Thrice

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
Thrice: Vheissu

I first started listening to Thrice way back in the day, when they played heavier sort of music, and when I heard this CD was coming out, I was hoping for some tastier, and heavier riffs. But when it came out, I was surprised by how much their sound have changed. It wasn't a bad thing at all, but they matured so much, that it was hard to believe it was actually them. They do have a few "heavy" songs, but overall, it has a very mellow feeling to it.

Dustin like always, is awesome at vocals, and the lyrics with Thrice only get better and better. I also heard from their podcast that they wrote their songs in a different way this time. What they did is, they wrote the song while writing the vocals for the song, so the vocals would fit in better with the music, and it clearly shows (while when they wrote their previous albums, they wrote the song, then added lyrics to it).

I know a lot of people have stopped listening to them, because they don't play as "heavy" music as they used to, but a band has got to mature and grow at some point. I still love Thrice just as much as I did when I first listened to their old albums, and they will always be one of my favorite bands of all time. If this CD was lost of stolen, I would definitely go buy a new one.

GoToSleep
    I believe it was in agreement with the band members and the producers (whoever else was involved) that they create material that is more stripped down and quite possibly more emotionally involved than anything they've done before and it's worked for them ever since. This could be considered their best album.
    devinbryndel
    At first I didn't like this cd. At all really. But than I was one of those kids who had a stick up my ass yelling "BOO I LIKED THEIR LAST ALBUM BETTER! THEY SUCK! BOYCOTT THEM!" but no, I never said any of this. But I know some people who do and it's pathetic and they need to grow the hell up about their music taste. This is one of my favorite albums by Thrice but all would come equal if I had to choose really. I like the layering they did on this cd. The song writing got more deep and it's simply amazing. This cd also holds one of my favorite music videos of all time and I think it's one of the best videos I have ever seen period. Now maybe you'll say "You must of not seen enough videos than NOOBZORE"...Well whatever you want to think. But, Image Of The Invisible music video is flawless. It reminds me of the Valve game Half Life2
    Jalopy1919
    This is an absolute masterpiece of an album, I never have like bands that scream or use drop tuning but the message that the singer conveys to the listener and the musicianship on this album are top notch. A great all around album.
    warrenguitar
    Image of the Invisible and Of Dust and Nations, if you don't believe it, go and buy it, NOW!!