Malice review by Through the Eyes of the Dead

• Released: Aug 21, 2007
Through the Eyes of the Dead: Malice

I'm going to start off by saying that this is one of the most heaviest and downright brutal albums to date. The bands sound has a new taste of metal to it but with a hint of the old TTEOTD we all love. The sound of the CD is blended nicely but has a very raw unmastered sound to it, but it works perfectly for them, making htem sound even heavier. One thing I've noticed is that this album is a more overall talented album than "Bloodlust". "Bloodlust" was good but all members have matured greatly on this album. They also have gotten a new singer who in my eyes is 1000X's better than the old singer. No more high pitch screams, all low brutal growls. There are only a few solos and guitar fills but all are harmonized and sound beautifully melodic. And drums, don't even get me started. Josh Kulick is probably one of the fastest metal drummers alive. His bass drum is just insanely fast. His drumming in this CD is balls to the wall all out crazyness. Remember the speed of his bass drum on "Two Inches to the Main Artery"? That one fill where he went as fast as he could? That's his average speed on just about every song. that's the only way I can describe it.

Lyrics are basically awesome and very meaningful. The lyrics blend very well with the breakdowns and driving guitars. Some of my favorite lyrics are from "Failure in Flesh"-"Bring out your dead. Bring me their heads. An execution is at hand." C'mon how awesome is that? Another favorite is From "A Catastrophe of Epic Proportions," "Incinerated to remove the plaugue. Thrown into the fire screaming. Bruning half alive." The singer can sing this lyrics so heavily it just makes you want ot fight or punch somoneone in the face. He gets the job done in a way the old singer couldn't.

This blows Bloodlust out of the water and that CD was amazing as well. Every song is flawless and heavy as hell! My favorite songs on the album are Failure in the Flesh, As Good as Dead, A Catastrophe of Epic Proportions, Malice, To the Ruins, and Pull the Trigger. I love the solo in To the Ruins and the ending riff in Malice. Both are incredible. I love the low end vocals and the shear heavyness of the album. The only thing I hate is that they need more solos because they have awesome solos and maybe more songs. If it were stolen I would buy a new CD in a heartbeat and of course I would find the guy that stole it and throw him in a fire screaming, and burn him half alive! Buy this CD people, if you like bloodlust or just love awesome harmonizing, flying bass drum, and brutal growls. Then buy this CD now! You won't be disappointed.

synths
    archangelseren wrote: A7X666 wrote: This is certainly not the most brutal to date but is certainly good. Cephalic Carnage = a new level of brutality This is coming from a guy whos name is avenged sevenfoldX666...lol j/k man. Thanks for giving me a new band to check out. I swear I'm addicted to this cd! don't stereotype someone who likes avenged sevenfold that that would be the heaviest music that they listen to
    and that would be why I typed J/K after it. calm down buddy.
    joelfaessler
    I love the album but I do miss Anthony. Nate tends to do vocals all low and not fluctuate his tone. Anthony fluctuated alot and his style was really unique to him. None the less though, an awesome album and I love it more every time I listen to it. Definitely one of my favorites at the moment
    A7X666
    synths
    archangelseren
    Jerry Seinfeld
    your not joking about the drumming, it is ridiculous. I swore it was a drum machine until i saw a clip of em playing. Unbelievable.
    Papasmurf69
    Yes Anthony was a good vocalist. I have no problem with the new guy but I still loved Bloodlust. But your review was excellent. I love the new cd mainly for Kulick. Just two years after Bloodlust and you see a dramatic change. Great Album! Great Band! Great Review! 110%!
    {Haggard}
    alright dude. this is the "most heaviest" album around. Well, with Nate Johnson as their vocalist, I would say its the heaviest piece of shit. Nate Johnson=horrendous circus boy. Anthony Gunnels=GOD. I will agree with you that the music is very good. I like the guitars and the drums. A lot. They are really good. But then you take a clown like Nate Johnson and it just ruins your afternoon. "Bring out your dead. Bring me their heads. An execution is at hand." Yes, that is very thought provoking and original. If you ask me, I wanted to execute myself after hearing his vocals. TTEOTD USED to be one of my favorite bands, but I must say that Nate greatly dissapoints.
    Nor'Easterbass
    To say that there are only a few guitar fills/licks/solos is a lie. the guitar work is so nasty on this CD. sooo heavy. so brutal.
    xXDyingSkiesXx
    I am slightly dissappointed in the singing on this album....my favorite song so far is To Wage War since Johnson actually CHANGES the tone in his voice to a slightly higher pitch and theirs is a little bit of Gunnells shining through.
    Dvnc
    one of my friends is friends with Anthony. No sh*t i swear!
    Dvnc
    my friend, whose name is nate, ironically, is in a band called burning away from ohio