You Don't Have To Be Blood To Be Family review by Throwdown

• Released: Jan 30, 2001
Throwdown: You Don't Have To Be Blood To Be Family

Awesome, this is the second Throwdown album and it awesome. It's also the second Throwdown CD I bought, the first being Haymaker. The impression is, awesome. It's funny 'cause of the fact that when this CD was made, Throwdown didn't think this band was a big deal. If you read the song meaning you'll see the singer still worked at starbucks at the time. This is hardcore at its purest and straight edge at its best.

Lyrics all have meaning to them. The lyrics are maily straight foward heavy yet positive lyrics. If not positive then hard hitting all together. The vocalist on this CD is the guitarist on Haymaker, and Dave the singer on Haymaker and Vendetta is the guitarist on this CD. So if you own Haymaker listen to the back up screams (besides on the song only thing) to hear this guy. Personally I think hes pretty good. He's got a different voice than Dave but he's defiantly above average.

Throwdown is my favorite hardcore band, posibly my favorite band next to Killswitch Engage. My favorite songs are unite, trust, no more hate, and the edge is strong. For Eighteen Visions fans, James makes an apperence in the song no more hate and its pretty cool. So far this is my favorite Throwdown album outta the 2 I own. I'm currently ordering every other TD album right now so we'll see about the rest. This CD is really hard to find so if anyone stole it, there would be a death in caroll county.