A City By The Light Divided review by Thursday

• Released: May 2, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 3.7 Poor
Thursday: A City By The Light Divided

To tell you the truth, I was disappointed when I bought this album. I feel like I totally wasted 15 dollars. This CD is completely different from Thursday's older stuff. The guitars on their older cds were awesome and they rarely had any synthesizers. Now the guitars aren't that great and theres a bunch of synthesizers everywhere. And they don't scream that much anymore. They always used to have these awesome distorted screams, now they only scream on like one song (At This Velocity) and the screams don't sound the same. I only really like 2 or 3 songs on this album. I dunno, this CD definately wasn't their best work. I feel bad that they changed. I really wasn't expecting this.

Thursday's lyrics are always awesome. But a lot of this cd's lyrics have to do with dying. Like "At This Velocity" is all about a plane crash. "The other side of the crash" and "Counting 54321" also have something to do with dying. I actually liked the lyrics in War All The Time the best. Those lyrics were really good.

I don't like this cd and if it were stolen, I wouldn't mind too much. I'll probably give it away. I'm just mad that I spent money on this. I was going to buy they're other cd, Waiting, but I got this one instead. Whatever. Maybe you'll like this CD more than I did. Obviously some people like it because there are some positive comments on the bottom of the screen.