A City By The Light Divided review by Thursday

• Released: May 2, 2006
Thursday: A City By The Light Divided

In this new cd 'A City By The Light Divided' Thursdays sounds have really changed alot. But it depends on your music taste if you will like it or not. Thursday has always been a ban that you get more and more into the songs the more you listen to it, this is no different. In this record Geoff used alot of effects for his vocals, but they are still strong and unique as usual with great backing vocals as usual.

With thursday the lyrics are always super good, thats all there is to it, they totally rock at writing vocals. The lyrics are super deep, really hard to understand. Geoff singer in this album rules just as in any other one of their albums.

Well, this album is not nearly as hard as 'War All The Time' but I like the change, the most impressive songs from this albums has to be The other side of the car crash, sugar in the sacrament and running from the rain, along with the first single counting 5-4-3-2-1. What I love most about this album is the bass, the bass always just happens to pop in a fill a void in the music and I love that. What I hate about it is that they have become less hardcore, which isn't a big deal but I liked it back in the day, If this was stolen I would buy it again. This CD is amazing.

metalkills
    Einzigerfan03
    metalkills wrote: this cd is for fans of the used, taking back sunday, my chemical romance and all the other bands that sell a ton of cd's. It's for people who think that blink 182 grew up with their last cd. I like change. I think "the ugly organ" is way better than "domestica." "crimes" is better than "burn piano island burn." Circa Survive is better than Saosin but this cd is crap. It's embarrasing and if you identify with the lyrics you're an airhead emo moron. Just go out and buy more underoath shirts and eyeliner. quit name dropping to sound intelligent, i almost stopped reading your comment after you tried to make a point using blink182 as a reference.
    Wow..pretty bold...I dunno i like This CD for the same reason I like Circa Survive's CD...simplely because sonically it's different from what is out right now...it's very atmospheric yet original...I personally love the used's 1st CD but i cant stand any of the other bands you listed! Im a deftones man myself...So i dunno I know this CD isnt for everyone but it seems like Thursday didnt make this for everyone to like..they pleased themselves 1st and after that if you like great if you dont oh well...so kudos to them for making something that i think was true...because whether people liked it or not its a honest album something that is missing in the current trend of music...and to the pure hearted Thursday fans get of the Full Collapse dick! and stop comparing every ****in' album that comes out to full collapse!
    Thania
    ^ agrees. everyone should accept bands trying different sounds. stop comparing this or any new thrusday's stuff to full collapse. meh, but i agree tho on some stuff, geoff use way too much effects or whatever on his vocals when his voice is amazing without it..