Full Collapse review by Thursday

• Released: Apr 10, 2001
Thursday: Full Collapse

On this album, Thursday takes a no-holds-barred, full-on approach to their music. The guitars are biting and peircing, and the lyrics are innovative and thoughtful. The sound of Full Collapse is very riff-oriented, lots of high end, fast-played screaming riffs with catchy power-chord fills.

The lyrics on Full Collapse really make you think. They speak out against the world with things that we all want to say but can't. The singing can go anywhere from an all out screaming attack to thoughfully melancholy. The song, "Understanding in a Car Crash" is about a friend of the band's death in a violent automobile accident. The song, "Autobiography of a Nation" could be interpreted as an attack on the tyrranical, overbearing nations that show no regard for anyone else. The singing isn't exactly Pavoratti, but it is full of emotion and meaning.

The most impressive songs on Full Collapse on Impact, in my humble opinio, are "Understanding in a Car Crash", "Cross Out the Eyes" and " paris in Flames". I love everything about this album, and there is nothing I hate. I didn't like it at first, it was very different from anything that I'd ever heard, but it definitely grew on me. If it was stolen, I would definitely buy it again.