Full Collapse review by Thursday

• Released: Apr 10, 2001
Thursday: Full Collapse

I had been hearing a lot about Thursday, and decided to check them out. So I downloaded 'Porcelain','A Hole In The World', and 'Cross Out The Eyes'. I was impressed mainly by A Hole In The World, so I bought Thursday's first album, Full Collapse. The guitars blend well and the sound was new and refreshing. The bass could have been used more instead of just following root notes, and sometimes it was hard to tell their was two guitars. But the music was very good and it impressed me.

'Adjust the aperture to focus on the negative. Phosphors in this dark room ignite. Like dodging faces in the corner of the print. Frame by frame this hole is opening, and we fall in' That comes from 'A Hole In The World'. 'The broken watch you gave me turns into a compass It's hands still point to the same time 12:03, our last goodbye. Splintered piece of glass falls in the seat of gets caught These broken windows, open locks, reminders of the youth we lost In trying so hard to look away from you we followed white lines to the sunset. I crash my car everyday the same way ' from 'Understanding in a Car Crash'. Thursday has awesome lyrics (not up to Brandon Boyd's level though), and they are a vital part to what makes this cd great. Although the only part about the lyrics I do not like are the certain areas where you cant understand a damn thing the backup singer is saying and sometimes the lead vocalist. But overall, the lyrics deserve a 5.

I haven't heard much of the other albums from Thursday, so I can't really compare them. The most impressive songs on the album are 'Understanding in a Car Crash', 'A Hole In The World', 'Wind-Up', 'Concealer', and more pop-punk styled 'Cross Out The Eyes'. 'Autobiography of a Nation' I didn't really care for, but thats just me because it had a practically all screamo. I would suggest you buy the cd, they're a great band, and worth every penny for the cd. If I lost this cd, then I'd definitely buy it again.