Full Collapse review by Thursday

• Released: Apr 10, 2001
Thursday: Full Collapse

Thursday has a very unique sound, distinct from all other emo/punk/rock bands. Geoff's voice sounds so desperate and passionate and you really get a sense of the feeelings he wants to envoke on the listener. Powerful stuff. Musically, this album is so awesome. With the two guitarists playing throughout each song, drums thumping in the background, the incredible booming of the bass (he has to be one of the best ever) and Geoff strong voice in the forefront, this album has a great sound.

I was always amazed at Geoff's lyrics. I don't know how he can write such deep stuff. It's not the usual type of "I love you, but you broke up with me so I hate you" emo stuff, Thursdays lyrics have a deeper meaning and seem to flow smoothly like a story from beginning to end. He is a very skilled singer as well. From the elegant verse lyrics, to the powerful death screams, every bit sounds great.

Personally I beleive Thursday is the best band of their kind. There have been so many emo/punk/rock/screamo (whatever they call it now) bands coming out over the past year that the genre seems to have lost its appeal, but Thursday is one of the pioneering bands that brought it up to speed. The best songs on this album are Every song sounds incredible, Understanding In A Car Crash, Cross Out The Eyes and Paris In Flames, although (for the first time ever) I enjoyed every single song on this album my first listen through. It's truly an amazing album and you need to add this to your collection if your a fan of this genre. If it were stolen I would kill my self.