Waiting review by Thursday

• Released: Jan 18, 2000
Thursday: Waiting

This CD, and actually this band, are amazing. This is Thursday's first CD and it's definitely one of their best. In most of the songs, the lyrics don't rhyme and there's no chorus or verse. I can listen to this CD the whole way through because all the songs are awesome. This is definitely one of my favorite CDs.

The lyrics are really good. A lot of the time they don't even rhyme but that doesn't matter. A lot of the time, the lyrics are too deep for me to understand but they still sound cool. People have told me that Geoff Rickley's voice sounds like that of a little girl and it's true. on some songs his voice does go pretty high. Like on the end of "Ian Curtis." I really like the way they scream. On "Where The Circle Ends," Geoff Rickley doesn't even sing. He just recites poetry or whatever. But it still sounds good. The guitarists are awesome.

This CD is, in my opinion, better than A City By The Light Divided and Full Collapse, but not quite as good as War All the Time. The only bad thing about this CD is that it's so short. It goes by too quickly. If this CD were stolen I wouldn't worry about it because it's copied to my computer. But if I didn't have a computer, I'd go to the mall as soon as possible and pick up another copy.

Janoh
    I bought this album after all their other releases since "waiting" was not on international release but I randomly found a copy at a HMV. Rather expensive because of tax but i was really excited to see what it was all about. Initially I wasn't really impressed, it wasn't a bad album just that the other albums were better. To begin with it sounded like an immature thursday; trying out some pop punk riffs in some songs this was mainly due to the fact they had their original guitarist in this album only, so doesn't have the same playing style as steve. However there are definately some good bits and the bad stuff usually develops into a good overall song. I did find that in some songs the lyrics from Goeff were quite poor becasue the melodies were more predictable in this album. However the diference in sound for this album lets me appreciate it on its own without reference to other releases since it has a slightly more distinct sound. It makes a good introduction to Thursday if your not into them and if your a fan its not a bad supplement to add a few good songs to your collection but don't expect an album which will blow you away with each song just as good as the last, for this buy "war all the time".