War All The Time review by Thursday

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Thursday: War All The Time

Luckily I only got into Thursday about 3 months ago which means I didnt have a huge amount of time to wait for the fantastic 'War all the time'. Sound wise I think this record is a hundred times better than full collapse with really imaginative production from Sal Villanueva. Steve Pedulla and Tom Keeley are brilliant on there guitars blending them beautifully, and sound so effective without using 4 standard chords in each song like we've come to expect by so many bands out there. Geoff Rickley emotive voice from rasp to scream and from scream to singing is controlled brilianty and complements the guitars perfectly. The best song on this album is the first: For the workforce, drowning.

Geoff Rickely is on top form for 'War all the time'. The thought and range of emotions used on this album is nothing short of breath taking. His lyrics make people like Simple plan and NFG laughable. On 'For the workforce,drowning' you hear references to september 11th - "Falling from the top your lungs fill like parachutes, windows go flashing by" and on the painfully honest 'War all the time' "I was five years old my best friends older brother died" Strength, emotion and anger are all encapsulated in one record - Brilliant!

War all the time is a 10/10, 5/5, 100% record it has rock music to a new level and a band would have to ome out with something truly incredible to beat it. It's like nothing else in its genre. If anything its made a genre all of its own.The best songs on this album are 'For the workforce, drowning' and 'asleep in the chapel' both fantastic songs. I love everything this record has to offer. Its guitar playing, its rhythm section, its vocals and its emotive lyrics. If my copy of 'War all the time' got stolen then I would but two more copies to make sure i could still listen to it if one got stolen! A truly ground breaking record. Log off now and buy it!