The Hymn Of A Broken Man review by Times Of Grace

• Released: Jan 18, 2011
Times Of Grace: The Hymn Of A Broken Man

This album is the result of two absolute legends and geniuses; current and former members of Killswitch Engage, Adam D and Jesse Leach. The album combines powerful guitar riffs, big anthemic choruses and incredible inspiring vocals. It's certainly hard to get enough listens!

Many peoples' favourite Killswitch lead vocalist and Adam D's lyrics are powerful and meaningful. The lyrics clearly have huge meaning to both members. They can be interpreted in many ways, as with many of Killswitch Engage lyrics, but the singers clearly have a strong faith and put their souls into these songs. Leach and Dutkiewicz both alternate with lead vocals and harmonies, which makes a nice combination.

This album, in my opinion seems the most personal project Adam D and Jesse Leach have produced and all of the songs have so much meaning and power. "The End Of Eternity" is different from all other work the pair have produced and also other key tracks include "Willing", "Live In Love" and "Hope Remains". There's not really anything to hate about this album, there's tonnes of variety and singable lyrics. Lets hope they keep them coming! If your a fan of Killswitch and these two legends then this album is a must have and I'd definitely have to buy it again if I lost it!

dezmoines333
    i dont think he uses autoune, thats probably Adam D's real voice, thats how talented he is
    cfhdomination
    I'm not a Killswitch fan but I enjoyed this album. After reading reviews and comments, I listened to the songs on Youtube and I'm actually thinking of picking it up.
    jamstar2697
    Loved this album, downloaded it off itunes, and then after a week of listening to it, decided to get the CD for better quality, probably the best $40 ive ever spent
    I got the boot
    CFH-For-Life wrote: This album is great, i recommend it to anyone who likes anything Metal or Metalcore
    Not even just them ANYBODY. I'm not into KSE muchand this is the best album of all time. It's just so emotive and uplifting which is strange for a metalcore album but you definetley get a sense of them pushing the boundaries of the genre. I'll look back in decades to come and remember when this album came around and made me want to be a better person.
    Deceived91352
    Ya adam d has a solid backup voice. You can tell by the live performances on youtube. However, it's those same performances which lead me to the suspicion that the auto tune in question was utilized on Jesse's voice. Either way, Id give him the benefit of the doubt and conclude that it was heavy touring/alcohol/adverse day to day situations that threw off Jesse's live pitch. After all who am I to judge...