The Last Thing You Forget Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Last Thing You Forget Reviewed by: ThatWouldBeJon, on june 24, 2011

Sound: Kingston Pennsylvania's Title Fight have been around since 2003 and in 2009 released the EP "The Last Thing You Forget" containing re-recorded versions of past songs off of their "Kings Of Kingston" demos and their "Erection Kids vs Title Fight" Split. Not easily defined, Title Fight falls somewhere between the realm of Pop-punk Hardcore more toward either side depending on who you ask. Production-wise "The Last Thing You Forget" was excellent compared to previous releases yet still held on to that raw sound that they built their fanbase on. That being said, Title Fight has never ventured to far from their original sound and structure which in their case, has works marvelously for them. // 9

Lyrics: In Title Fight their is two vocalists, Ned who also plays bass and Jamie who also plays guitar, each whos voice is noticeably different yet still fits perfectly with their music and style. Title Fight's lyrics seem to baffle me at times in that they're so simple and upfront yet can still leave a broad spectrum of interpretation. One example of this is from "Western Haikus" which at first glance seems like aimless writing but then morphs into something else the more you ponder them, "Thoughts cloud my mind like skyscrapers staring back at me. And so I ask them, "How could you watch our city burn to the ground?" Black pavement, broken lights. Everyone is looking for me tonight. I'm not hiding out, I'm far away" // 9

Overall Impression: This album is the closest thing to flawless that you will find out of any other band in this genre. Title Fight's music never seems forced or pushy in that everything just flows naturally. They also have this very melodic appeal to them that makes them really stand out from most Pop-punk/Hardcore bands around today. I love that every instrument throughout the entire album shines in its own unique way and gets plenty of solo time. In standard hardcore fashion most songs on "The Last Thing You Forget" do not exceed 2 minutes and that being, you can get a great feel for the raw, short and sweet nature of their music. Though hard to pick, some standout tracks on this album would be "Anaconda Sniper", "Memorial Field", "Evander", and "Goldwaite". 01. Symmetry 02. Introvert 03. No One Stays At The Top Forever 04. Memorial Field 05. Loud And Clear 06. Youreyeah 07. Room 200 08. Evander 09. Anaconda Sniper 10. Goldwaite 11. Neck Deep 12. Western Haikus // 10

Comments