No Deliverance Review

Toadies: No Deliverance
Release Date: Aug 19, 2008
Label: Kirtland
Genres: Rock
The album has less of the grunge feel, and it seems they've matured a bit in their sound.
 8.3
 9.6
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
No Deliverance Reviewed by: ratmblink123, on august 21, 2008

Sound: When I heard The Toadies were back together and possibly recording new material (almost a year ago) I was psyched. I waited and waited for the new album, and I think I may have over-hyped it to myself, if that makes any sense. I went and bought the album last night, the first day it came out. I listened to it a few times that night, and I'm listening to it now. The sound is different than the classic Toadies sound that we've heard in Rubberneck and Hell Below/Stars Above. It has less of the grunge feel, and it seems they've matured a bit in their sound. But we have the soft, the hard, and the in between tracks, and overall, that makes for a great album if you're a Toadies fan, or even just someone listening for some good tunes. Although the sound is a little different, it's nothing to complain about. // 8

Lyrics: I've always loved Vaden Todd Lewis' lyrics, and he doesn't disappoint with this newest release. The lyrics go with the music almost perfectly, and his singing style is the same as always. He can sing, and he can yell, but in my opinion, it's always done well. // 9

Overall Impression: I bought the new Vines album last week, and I haven't listened to it since I bought this album. My favorite songs on the album are "So Long Lovely Eyes", "Hell In High Water", and "Don't Go My Way". It's a great album, but the only thing that disappoints me is that there are only ten tracks. I can't help but wishing that the album lasted more than 38 minutes, but hey, at least we got another release from the Toadies (another seven years later). I would definitely buy this album again if it were stolen or lost. // 8

Comments