Portable Sounds review by tobyMac

• Released: Feb 20, 2007
tobyMac: Portable Sounds

The sound is very much like the previous CD, but if you have never heard the previous one, it is a cool sounding CD. There are songs on there that can get me pumped (such as "Boomin") and songs that I can easily listen to (such as "Lose my Soul"), so there is a real range in the style. TobyMac is very unique in his own, making the CD even more incredible. There are also some special guests on the CD, including Kirk Franklin and Mandisa, showing Toby's love for the gospel scene.

He writes most of his music, which comes out great when he sings it. He really writes from the heart and it really impacts me greatly. His song "Made to Love" is great. It talks about how the human race was created to love and serve Him, Christ Jesus. "Lose my Soul" says quote:"I don't wanna gain the whole world and lose my soul." Here he sings about how he wouldn't trade anything for the Love that God has given him.

Though a lot like "Welcome to Diverse City" (his previous CD), TobyMac still brings a new twist into every song, and that it what I love about this artist. If I somehow lost this album, I would buy it again, that is, if it already wasn't on my mp3 player. I highly recommend it.