Center Stage [DVD] Review

Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Center Stage [DVD] Reviewed by: Jik93, on june 09, 2010

Sound: The energy of Tommy Emmanuel is what makes his songs. On this DVD he shows us once more that he doesn't play music: he IS music. The sound quality is very, very good. The concert has been recorded for surround sound so it will 'hurt in the back as well as in front' like Tommy himself mentions during his concert. Perhaps the songs could have had some more bass in it, but apart from that it's just perfect. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I think this album is an excellent replacement if you can't go to a Tommy concert yourself. Just the song initiation would be worth buying the DVD for. This DVD shows the versatility of Tommy. He can play in hyperdrive, yet play very gentle songs. He can play guitar, yet he can play drums as well. He can sing, he can play with other people. It only lacks some interaction with the audience. Not that he doesn't talk at all, but if you compare it to the Sheldon Hall DVD, he cracks less jokes and doesn't give the audience a personal 'guitar lesson'. The DVD guarantees you 1,5 hours of fun and amazement. I would definitely buy a new copy if I were to lose the one I have (not that I would lose this version, since I received it out of the hands of Tommy Emmanuel himself). // 9

Comments