Fused review by Tony Iommi

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Tony Iommi: Fused

This album does not sound one bit like Black Sabbath. No awesome hard rock riffs or mindbending solos. Just plain crappy metal of today. Like all those other crappy bands that exist today, like: SLipknot, Mudvayne, and all that other s-t. All to expect from the guitar is a bunch of fast untalented drop D riffs. Nothing exciting. All in all, this album sucks.

Just like most of the rock singers today, this band lacks good vocals. The lyrics are simple and plain. Describing drugs, insanity, and misery of all the things in life. The thing that completes a band is good vocals, and this is definently not an album that has them.

Overall, I hate this album. It's boring and every song sounds the same. I was very dissapointed with Tony Iommi's guitar playing. It's like he's trying to sound like the heavy metal bands he inspired and not himself. This is a terrible album.

gumbloid
    Tony Iommi and Glenn Hughes make a great musical partnership. I put this up there with their 1986 DEP Sessions.
    the_random_hero
    Well, obviously this isn't Sabbath! Some people worry me. I had to download this album, it was definitely worth it.
    Johnny Blade
    This album is great. The song wasted again sounds like sabbath. I live in Australia and I payed $36 for it at my local CD shop but it was worth it!
    Smitty370
    Second Review. Dude, it's not suppost to sound like Black Sabbath because it isn't Black Sabbath. If you want to listen to Black Sabbath, listen to there cds.
    I am the Drake
    MAKETHEMSUFFER. : the unregistered dude needs to get his head out of his @$$ POSTED: 03/15/2007 - 09:20 pm / quote | agreed
    shredhead69
    second review. YOU ARE A MORON!!! just because it doesnt sounds like Black Sabbath doest mean its crap. look at Dave Mustian he broke off from Metallica and he is doing fine, doesnt sound like Metallica but is still kick ass!!!!
    xHellbound
    The 2nd review does make one valid point though. I love the CD and all the songs, but if you listen to it in sequence, the riffs start to sound the same. Revolution Song and Grace is a clear example of that, back to back songs too.
    FVD
    The 2nd Review was plain crap. The band lacks good vocals??? You're an idiot. Glenn Hughes' voice is one of a kind. He an Iommi are a fine partnership. I hope they make another album sometime in the not too distant future. Let's also not forget the 3 Bonus Tracks that were available for download. Slip Away was pretty good. I listed that first in my sequence followed by Let It Down Easy which is a decent Rock 'n' Roll number. And I decided to conclude the album with The Innocence because Glenn's wailing vocals closing the song was very fitting to closing the album as a whole as well. A brilliant moment from Glenn right there. Fused is a fine album. A pity they didn't take their album live thanks to that bottom feeding psychowitch $haron Osbourne and the ill fated classic Black Sabbath Reunion.