10,000 Days review by Tool

• Released: Apr 28, 2006
Tool: 10,000 Days

Once again Tool pulls through in a sound so unique there is nothing that can even be compared to them. Each song entraps you bringing you in from the start, making you want to listen to each song (and yes the average song is around 6 minutes long, with the longest being 11:13) to the end. The guitar parts are as incredible, if not more than usual, from the melodic playing, to the off beats, and incredible patterns. As always drummer Danny Carey does not fail to impress. With there always innovating style of playing, Tool cranks out another sound masterpiece.

Of all the lyricists I have ever reviewed, Maynard Keenan James has to be one of the greatest. His voice just fits perfectly with the sound of Tools playing, and his lyrics are deep and meaningful without drawing to much attention from the overall sound of the CD. His words will make you first listen in awe at the perfect blending of sound and word, and then take you back again to make you seek out and discover the meaning behind each line. MJK does it again with a truly captivating CD.

I have tried to write this review without revealing anything about the songs meanings, I think another great part of this CD is just listening to it for the first time and only knowing its going to rock, but beyond that just getting taken away for the experience that is Tool. Tool is in a class, league, hell a whole other world of playing than any other band around. This CD will hold onto you and take you through a wonderful soundscape of often heavy, and meaningful songs with such ease, and will keep you coming back to hear them again. My only wish is that I would have more than one quick listen to the full CD; May 2nd seems so far away now that I have had my first taste of Tool's newest CD. My suggestion to all, get ready to take May 2nd off, your going to want to do nothing but listen to this CD. Vicarious, the single is only a small taste of what this one disc offers.