10,000 Days review by Tool

• Released: Apr 28, 2006
Tool: 10,000 Days

I don't think that Tool has ever sounded tighter than they do on this album. The sound quality couldn't be better. This album's general sound is a little different than past recordings, but then again, each album always sounds different than the one before it because they take four year breaks between each album so different elements and influences are put into each one. There are some Meshugga aspects to this album as well as some orchestral or classical aspects with regards to song structure. Maynard's voice is absolutely amazing on this record and Adams guitar playing has gotten a little more complex. Justin is an awsome bassist as usual and Danny's drumming is absolutely breath-taking, especially on Rosetta Stoned, because at a few parts his limbs are in like three or four different time signitures.

Maynard is one of the best vocalists out there right now. His voice is amazing and his lyrics ore complex and meaningful. This album is a little angrier than their previous record, Lateralus, but there is still an underlying positivity through out. The lyrics, as always, fit perfectly with the music and really blend in and make the album soud very big.

I really can't compare this album to Lateralus or any of their other albums because they are all so different and good in their own way. Once again they manage to make an album as aposed to a CD with random songs and a few sigles. This is just a great album and if it were stolen I would deffinently buy it again.

Gman400
    Meh, it''s....borignly ok. I'm not a Tool guy myself. It's like they try to add in oddtimings and quintuplets but it just comes out sounding dumb.
    coquet
    how the **** is this cd getting such good reviews in the lyrics department?!? i love tool, the band that used to sing about prison sex and getting a stink fist. on 10,000 days, they sing about ****ing abstinence! what the ****!?! lyrics: 5, because maynard is doing a ****ing 180
    cgibin
    Many of the posts on this page disgusted me - they were so primitive and self-centered and completely off-topic. I applaud those of you who have stuck to the topic and have brought up valid and interesting arguments regarding the album. As for my opinion on the album, I felt that, even though the album was very well done in many ways (which I will get into later), it was still a partial letdown after waiting so anxiously for it. Lyrically, this is some of Maynard's best. As I have stated also for the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium , I am noticing that a lot more bands, including Tool, are starting to implement the idea that they are a band and not just a group of individuals. This album deserves a top spot on my list because of the way all the members of the band respectively intertwined with eachother to create a harmonious blend of music. Simply put, they used eachother as step-ladders and pulled eachother up musically. Sure, we hear the same style as we heard from Lateralus , but who are to judge their conceptions? Who are we to tell them to stop playing in one way and to start playing in another? I feel that they have made an album that they are happy with; and if they're happy, it's good enough for me to feel that they have put in their best efforts. Last words : - Don't come in here expecting to change people's opinions - rather, come in here with an open mind and respect everyone's opinion, not just your own. - This album is definitely worth a listen, even if it isn't your thing. The talent and the inventiveness put into this album's production is simply amazing. //cgi.bin
    Pr0az
    Guys i hate too say it i really did't care for the album so much. Past albums by them too me were so much better. The only 2 tracks that were actually good in my opion were 1, and 3.
    theguitarist
    Checked/Deleted. And it's okay to not like this album, but don't express yourself in a way similar to an illiterate moron or I'll crush you.
    livewire76
    Repitition wrote: More songs that never end, more lyrics that are really stupid and more idiots buying into their anti-comercial image! You guys are all marks for the music bussiness.
    No Repetition, i dont buy music for image, i buy it for content and, in my opinion, Tool serve up exactly what i want, so i buy it. anyone listening to a band or form of music because of its image really is rather shallow and no true fan. Music is a very important part in most peoples lives. Its a form of religion in some ways. Tools music may seem simple, maybe it is im no music teacher but thats not the point, its the feelings one gets from hearing the music that counts. Is that how it works for you?
    cgibin
    toolfan_121 wrote: Hey, cgibin. Did you say the RHCP's 'Stadium Arcadium' has great lyrical content? No offense, but what do you consider bad? I'll admit, RHCP lyrics are pleasant to listen to at times, but they are f***ing gibberish. Sorry this has nothing to do with Tool. Tool Rocks!
    If you read closely, I said:
    As I have stated also for the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium, I am noticing that a lot more bands, including Tool, are starting to implement the idea that they are a band and not just a group of individuals.
    I don't mean that their lyrical content is completely mind-blowing, I was merely stating that the albums are so alike in the sense that each member of the band has put in a significant amount of input. That's what made 10,000 days really shine (likewise for Stadium Arcadium ). But, I agree with you for the most part that RHCP lyrics are indeed jibberish, lol.